Self Publication Services
Through consultation we’ll determine the level of editorial support you would like, if any. We’ll discuss your book’s format – dimensions, imagery, color status, number of pages, style, cover options and other preferences you may have.
We’ll be in close contact during the style & design review stages of your book’s layout; within the accepted bid for services, we’ll include the number (and kind) of revisions afforded the author before extra fees are added.
If desired, Illustration services are available via black & white line drawings, as well as full-color illustrations in spot, half, and full-page versions. We’ll determine the number and style of illustrations and include that service in the final bid.
Project management is often included within the scope of the project. This involves uploading print files to the publication vendor, trouble-shooting the proof-to-print process and support in familiarizing yourself with your on-line bookshelf.
Once we’ve outlined the details, book projects are normally bid on a project basis. The bid fee can range from $600 – $5,000+ depending on the scope of the project. My fee for additional or consultancy services is $40 per hour.
- Industry standard using Adobe CC
- Industry standard PDF output for print vendors
- Booklets, Softcover and Hardcover Books, Digital Books
- Black & White or Full Color Interior
Book Design & Output for Publication:
- Font Layout – style, color and size
- Image preparation (scanning to print specs) for use of your pre-formatted images
- Adaptive formatting of images you provide (scanning, image enhancement)
- Page design with image, text, pagination, and additional stylized visual elements
- Full color book cover
- Application for ISBN and Library of Congress ID numbers for cataloguing
- Industry standard, print-ready PDF’s
- Image research specific to your needs
- Preliminary sketches for author review and ideation
- Black & white artwork for final revisions
- Print-ready black & white or color images as desired
Graphic Art Services
Through consultation we’ll determine the scope and specifications of your graphic project. We’ll clarify design styles you prefer, color preferences, print and/or digital output requirements and, of course, the content of your work. Staying in contact during the layout of your project, your feedback and preferences will be incorporated throughout.
If desired, Illustration services are available as well as logo and banner design, for either print or online publication. We’ll determine what is needed and include those services in the final bid. Project management may be included within the scope of your project.
Once we’ve outlined the details, graphic projects are normally bid on a project basis. My fee for service (outside the scope of a bid) is $40 per hour.
- Branding Collateral
- Brochures & Event Programs
- Large-scale Posters & Banners
- Promotional Materials
- Artist cards & Art Print layout
- Digital Slide Presentations
- Informational Signage